Places to see
Nature park of Tērvete – distance 500m
Museum of Anna Brigadere “Sprīdīši”.
The house was built in the year 1840 as the first watermill of Tērvete city. During the period of years 1852 to 1861 Sprīdīši was a school, but starting from 1922 was inhabited by the writer.
Museum of Ancient History and a log castle from 12th century.
Tērvetes pilskalns (Cukurkalns)
Tērvetes pilsnovada pārvaldes centrs līdz 13.gs. atradās Tērvetes pilskalnā (Cukurkalnā), tā bija labi nocietināta teritorija, kuru zemgaļi atkāpjoties Livonijas ordeņa pārspēka priekšā pameta 1286.gadā.
Tērvete mound with the ruins of the Livonian Order castle Hof zum Berge (Castle of Kalnamuiža, first built in 1339 in the place of Semigallian suburb from which the German name is also derived. It was first ravaged by the Lithuanian lord Aļģirds, and rebuilt in the time of duke Gothard. In the year 1596 the sons of duke Gothard concluded a deal in the Castle of Kalnamuiža that split the Duchy in two parts – Friedrich became the duke of Semigallia (Zemgale) with his residence in the Castle of Jelgava, but Wilhelm became the duke of Courland (Kurzeme) with his residence in the Castle of Goldingen (Kuldīga). During the Great Northern war, the Castle was again ravaged by the Swedish who bombarded the Castle from the Saint hill (Svētais kalns) with cannons. During the Revolution of 1905 revolutionaries were punished next to the ruins; there is a monument for the events right next to them.
Ancient Semigallian place of worship- the Saint hill, also the Swedish hill (Svētais kalns, Zviedru kalns), where in 1283 the Livonian Order built their first wooden castle. The garrison posted in the castle was ravaging Semigallia (Zemgale) for 4 years. During the 17th century Polish-Swedish war the Swedish army took the hill, and bombarded the Kalnamuiža castle of Courland (Kurzeme) count with cannons.
Rehabilitation center “Tērvete”, former tuberculosis sanatorium of Tērvete, built from years 1930 to 1932 according to the project of architect A. Klinklāvs, at that time the biggest and most modern tuberculosis sanatorium in the Baltic States.